Welcome to MagNumDB , the Magic Number Database!
Type a name, a value, a partial value, a guid, an error code, or anything that's a constant.
This site is for all developers working on the Microsoft's Windows platform, but not using C or C++ languages
(well, that's what I used to say before I developped this tool! Now, I use it all the time, even when working with C or C++...)
If you need to work with any SDK/DDK/WDK (Software or Driver Development Kit) related to the Windows platform, but use a language or a tool that
does not understand .h, .idl or any C/C++ header file (like .NET, C#, VB/VBA, Delphi, Python, Assembly, or any other environment - IDA anyone
? - that needs to connect with Windows), then you
may should will
find this site useful!
If you need to match an error code or value with a name, then you can dump all your old err.exe
, various error lookup tools and utilities
, [MS-ERREF]: Windows Error Codes PDF
(they contain only a very small number of errors, and can't find by signed/unsigned value, hexadecimal various notation, raw textual value, etc.), you won't need them any more!
In fact, you may even find this site useful simply because it's faster
than spelunking into thousands of files.
Instead of spending hours crawling grepping, and searching in sparsed files, computing final values by hand, this site contains about 380,000 values and string definitions, int, longs, guids (We've captured more than 70,000 of these beasts), etc.
heavily used in Windows APIs, that have been already parsed and calculated and available directly in various formats.
Here are a couple of examples of what you can do here:
- What's the value of these SDK constants, like WM_PAINT or LB_ADDSTRING or TBM_SETSELSTART ?
- What's the meaning of error code 0xc004f017 or simply 80073cf6 w/o the hex specifier?
- What's the guid whose value is 00000002-0000-0000-C000-000000000046?
- What's the interface id (IID) of IPreviewHandler?
- I'm a C# developer, what's the value of CLSID_MMDeviceEnumerator? And, please, help me with formatting Guids in C#!
- What's the file that defines UINT128_MAX and what's its value?
- What could be error 10060 when using the network (hint: chances are it's a socket error named WSAETIMEDOUT...)?
- I do cryptography when I don't sleep. Dude, what's the name of this Microsoft's OID I can't find anywhere126.96.36.199.4.1.3188.8.131.52?
- Ahhh, driver programming is my hobby, but what's the value of IOCTLs? for example IOCTL_DISK_GET_DRIVE_GEOMETRY?
- I love shell programming. But all these property keys... What's the value of this PKEY_Device_NotPresent one?
- Enums are cool, in C, C++, C#, but hey, what are the field values of DeviceInformationKind?
- I bet you don't know the value (say, in hex?) of WIN_TICKS_FROM_EPOCH, a.k.a (((1970 - 1601) * 365 + 3 * 24 + 17) * 86400ULL * WIN_TICKS_PER_SECOND) ?